The Volta ao Algarve was promoted to the new UCI ProSeries circuit and the 46th edition will take place from 19 to 23 February 2020.
The sporting quality of the race was recognized by UCI, which approved the Portuguese race application for the ProSeries circuit.
It’s time to thank the teams and cyclists who have enriched the Volta ao Algarve over the last few years, as well as the partners and sponsors who have given stability to a project that has won fans around the world and promoted the region.
As we are preparing the 2020 edition, we recall some numbers that help us to explain the impact and quality of the 2019 Tour of the Algarve:
- 12 of the 18 WorldTour teams participated, including the top three in the teams ranking
- 20 cyclists from the world top 100
- 24 countries were represented
- 123 accredited media professionals
- live television broadcast to 121 countries and over 143 million households
- 2038 news was published about the race, 845 outside Portugal
- 9.2 million euros of media impact just in Portugal